Benson Radiology was formed in 1958 by Dr W (Bill) H Benson as an x-ray department in a private hospital on Glen Osmond Road. The site has now been converted into apartments.
In 1962, the practice transferred its headquarters to a private residence on South Terrace on the site that the Centra Hotel now stands. A relocation to 337 South Terrace took place in 1966 where the practice remained until 1995 at which time our head branch and administration moved to our current purpose built premises at 229 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide.
The practice expanded from its original solo radiologist and branch to its current 29 radiologists and 21 branches across metropolitan Adelaide and the south east region of South Australia. The most recent being our newly redeveloped and expanded branch in Salisbury, which now provides a comprehensive range of modalities including MRI and nuclear medicine.